Holmdel Township Green Team
How to Volunteer
To volunteer for one of our boards of commissions please fill out an online application by visiting the link below.
About the Green Team
In April of 2010, the Township Committee passed a resolution establishing a volunteer committee known as the Green Team. Since 2010, the Green Team has met monthly and worked on a number of initiatives, including:
• Installment of a water filling station at the high school,
• Construction of a community garden
• Launch of an anti-idling campaign
• Publication of "green" articles in the Municipal Newsletter and other local publications
• Disseminating "green" educational materials to residents during Earth Day and other Community-related events
Community Garden: One of the Green Team's largest achievements was the establishment of a Community Garden adjacent to the Senior/Community Center. The project was a joint effort of the Green Team, the Holmdel High School Eco Club, the Boy Scouts and the Township, and was partially funded by a grant from the Fiskars Tool Company and donations from Home Depot.
Certification: The Green Team is currently applying for Sustainable Jersey Certification, which will provide more opportunities for grants, which will fund other “green” projects for the town.
Current Green Team Members
Term Length: All members of the Green Team are appointed to a one-year term. Current members began their term January 1, 2019
American Medicine Chest Challenge: http://www.americanmedicinechest.com/
The National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI): http://rxdrugdropbox.org/